Everything an organization does and says has the potential to influence its reputation and influence the opinion of stakeholders and therefore, to be most effective, Public Relations needs to be embedded at all levels of the organization. Therefore, excellent PR means establishing ongoing relationships with very important influencers (and therefore their audiences) and knowing how your business can become a great source of influencer data.
Therefore, if an organization values its reputation and the impact it has on the decisions of members and other stakeholders, then PR must be at the heart of decision making, while PR staff is the organization’s affiliation with stakeholders and the conscience of the organization. Public Relations is the guardian angel of an organization.
The importance of Public Relations
With over 63% of the value of most companies dependent on their public image, Public Relations today has become a very important topic for several reasons:
1. Build the brand image – the brand image gets boosted when targeted customers get to know it through third-party media, while a good PR strategy helps the brand build its image the way it wants.
2. Identifying opportunities – Public relations strategies make the brand take advantage of opportunities, just as Google was in the news of donating for Ebola-related research, then Facebook promoting LGBTQ rights, and Coca-Cola did a PR stunt against obesity. It is the opportunities that attract influencers who share the brand of their followers.
3. Promote Brand Values - PR is used to send positive messages that are consistent with the brand’s value and image, and this builds the brand’s reputation.
4. Strengthening Community Relations – PR strategies are used to convey that the brand is as much a part of society as the target audience, and this builds a strong brand relationship with the public.
The advantages of PR
If you hope to get the word out there about your business, the answer is PR, because they have the power to reach a large audience, giving your business the platform it needs to really shine and enable you to add credibility to your product or company.
So if you are entering a crucial era for your company, with big projects coming up and many innovations ahead, it would be wise to hire a Public Relations specialist, and that means getting someone who comes with great contacts who have been around for years connect and be amazed at the media organizations you hope to get through the press.
What are the different advantages of Public Relations? Let’s consider the top advantages of using PR to expand your business:
1. Credibility – when the public trusts a message coming from a trusted third party more than the content being published.
2. Achievement – when a good PR strategy can attract a lot of news, exposing content to a large audience.
3. Cost Effectiveness – when PR is an effective technique to reach a large audience compared to paid promotion.
That’s why it’s important to have a great Public Relations Manager that creates a buzz around a company or person, because they know how to create a narrative that builds drama and attention. And because the pros and cons of a PR career boil down to relationships – and if your PR professional has amazing connections and eye-catching stories, they could be a brilliant hire and with this kind of storytelling, professional brand news can be incredibly rewarding during big projects and huge launches.